Monday, December 11, 2006

Stardate 60944.73 - New Office, Take Two


I like a lot of desk space. Even when I was in an actual office, I always had 2 full-size desks - one for the computer and one to spread out on. When we purchased the new desk it had one issue - it was too high. Let me re-phrase - since it was a real desk, it had no keyboard tray so the keyboard and mouse went on the top of the desk. Therefore I had to raise up the desk chair so typing would be comfortable, but with my long torso and short legs that meant that I needed a footrest (visible in the picture above) because my feet didn't touch the floor.

Once we moved my office into the bedroom, we decided to purchase a new computer desk, thereby freeing up the desk to be a desk. The computer desk arrived on Friday and I assembled it and relocated the computers in under an hour. The initial configuration can be seen in the photo above.

Now I've ordered some Velcro ties to make the cables a little more sightly, and I've ordered some desktop organizers to help me out. Once they arrive (tomorrow) I'll finally have a nice, open, organized desk to work on without a computer in the way!

Victory is mine!

NYC

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

In case anyone wonders what the motivational calendar saying is for December (I don't think you can tell from the picture) it is this:

Individuality

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Trailing Male said...

To quote "Life of Brian" & the cast of thousands:
Yes, we are all individuals.

(or something like that)