Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Stardate 58438.24

A little background information is probably appropriate. I am the Captain of the USS Excalibur, currently assigned to the Earth Defense Fleet after several years of combat in the Dominion War. We have also participated in several combat operations against the Borg. The Excalibur was the only starship to have survived Wolf-359 (or we were 1 of 2, depending on how you count).

I assumed command of the Excalibur on Stardate 41780.5, when our Captain was taken over by an extragalactic intelligence. I was a LCDR at the time, serving as XO. I was promoted to CAPT in 2367 and formally given command of the ship, which was an Ambassador-class at the time. I have been Captain for 14 years. More history is available from Starfleet Command at http://home.nyc.rr.com/csawyer/Documents/ExcaliburHistory.htm.

My wife is a UFP Envoy-General, assigned to the New York offices of the UFP. Being part of Earth defense is a nice break after many years of combat. The crew is able to enjoy a lot of shore leave, and combat action is minimal. I am spending a lot of time traveling back to DS9 these days, where I work extensively with the Bajorans. I even have an office on the station. In fact, I have to get to a conference call with my DS9 team right now.

Oh, and my wife has an official trip to the Dnaliaht system coming up in a few weeks, and I will accompany her for most of her trip. I am looking forward to the break from my official duties.

No comments: