Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Stardate 59700.49 - Election Nonsense

We are in the middle of a primary here in NYC, and the phone has been ringing off the hook with political advertisements, aka recorded messages. It is driving me nuts. I'm actually registered as an Independent, which in NY means I cannot vote in the Primary. Cheryl is not an Independent, however, and can vote. So I think all these calls are her fault. :-)

Being in NYC is interesting because the Republicans do not even field candidates for some offices. This situation means that the Democratic Primary is basically the election for many offices. I am actually thinking about changing my registration over to Democratic just so I can get to vote and make a difference. By the time the general election occurs, the democrat who won in the primary is pretty much guaranteed the office (except in a couple of cases, like the Mayor, although Bloomberg is really a Democrat claiming to be a Republican at worst, or at best a very moderate Republican).

It has gotten so bad that I cannot even answer the phone to see what time Cheryl is leaving work...chances are near 100% that it will be a recording. Argh!

No comments: