Sunday, July 08, 2007

Stardate 61517.19 - One Hot Weekend


You may remember from last Fourth of July that Cheryl and I just watched the fireworks from our apartment window. Not this year. The monstrosity of a building across the street completely blocked our "window" out to where the fireworks appear. So although we heard them on Wednesday, we did not see them.

It has been pretty hot in NYC this weekend - so hot we turned the A/C on this morning and it has been running all day, and we'll probably even leave it on tonight and through mid-week.

Friday night we had a horrible night with Loren. She took 90 minutes to fall asleep, and then woke up Saturday morning at 0300 and would not go back to sleep. I tried for an hour, then I woke up Cheryl and she tried for an hour while I slept. We then moved Loren back into our bed, but after 30 minutes of rolling around Loren climbed out of bed and ran into the living room. So I got up with her and let Cheryl catch an hour or so of additional sleep.

After our early-morning wake-up on Saturday Cheryl decided to go to Sea Bright to visit her Grandmother and to take Loren to the beach - I remained in NYC since I had my sail (and I already posted about the excitement during my sail Saturday). Cheryl left before 1100 and the traffic was not too bad. I watched a movie (the review will be posted today or tomorrow), and then went and had my sail.

Compare this picture to Loren at the beach last Fourth of July.


Amazing how quickly she is growing up. Anyway, by the time I got home Saturday night, Cheryl had Loren asleep in bed.

On Sunday we ran some errands and then I took Loren to the playground across the street for her to get some outside activity, but it was pretty hot and after an hour we came back.
Later in the afternoon we went to the new playground near where our new place is for Loren to get some more outdoor time. I also wanted to check the mail and look in on our co-op just to make sure everything was good. Loren seemed to like that playground as well.


NYC

No comments: