Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Children's Museum

We're a bit behind on posting but it's been a pretty packed week. Last Tuesday, Loren and I broke our Ramadan fast... well, not really, but we did take advantage of our day off (I posted last year about the fact that I work for one of the few employers in the US that has two Muslim holidays as official holidays) to go back to the Children's Museum of Manhattan. This seemed like a brilliant idea until I realized that Tuesday also happened to be Rosh Hashanah, and the NYC public schools were closed. So lots and lots of people had the same idea I did and the museum was pretty packed. But Loren again enjoyed the Dora exhibit -- here she hangs out in Dora's room.

Since the weather was still warm, the outdoor water play area was open. Loren loved it. She would have spent hours, but I was getting pretty hungry so I dragged her off for lunch.


We went back to Artie's Deli on Broadway for hot dogs (Loren) and pastrami reuben (me). She spotted the sprinkle cookies in the bakery case and managed to hold out until after lunch (because it's very important to eat your healthy hot dog before you can have dessert).

No comments: