Monday, September 24, 2007

Stardate 61729.71 - Basic Coastal Cruising Certified

I am now ASA certified in Basic Coastal Cruising (103). I took the course this past weekend (through the Manhattan Sailing School) and easily passed the written test, and also made it through the practical portion as well. I now have successfully completed the following ASA standards:

101 - Basic Keelboat Sailing
103 - Basic Coastal Cruising
105 - Coastal Navigation


Next on my list is to do the Bareboat Chartering (104) course, but we're still working the details for that one. Next season, schedule willing, I'll also get serious about taking the Manhattan Sailing Club's Skipper exam so that I can serve as a skipper on the J/24 sailboats the club has (right now I'm crew).

There were a couple of cameras present during the class so I hope to have pictures up soon. I'll also post a longer post later regarding the weather, the boat we were on, and other details of the experience.

NYC

No comments: