Saturday, December 15, 2007

Stardate 61954.19 - 300

Late yesterday afternoon and last night (while Cheryl was out celebrating her birthday with her co-workers and I was home on Loren duty), I watched 300. I thought it was ok. Almost the entire movie was filmed in front of blue/green screen in a studio, and the surroundings and effects were pretty over-the-top (similar in some respects to Sin City). But, since it is based on a graphic novel that didn't bother me too much. I had pretty low expectations, so I guess I was surprised to some extent. However, this movie is really just a lot of combat. Sure, there are some other plot threads that make a token appearance, but in reality this is just one big battle. Not a great film, but if you just want to sit back and watch a lot of over-the-top fighting you will probably enjoy this.

Thumb sideways.

P.S. I watched most of it before I picked up Loren from daycare, and the rest of it after she went to bed.

NYC

2 comments:

JamesF said...

Pretty close to my feelings on it. I think I liked it a tad more than you though.

Trailing Male said...

Yeah, I liked it more, but mostly because I saw it in IMAX. That was cool.