Sunday, June 01, 2008

Stardate 62416.26 - 12 Years Ago...

It was a busy time, 12 years ago.  I had just switched jobs, leaving a position with the Federal Government for a job consulting to the Federal Government.  I also had my 27th birthday.  My Dad had his 57th birthday.  I was living in Virginia in an apartment (we'd buy a house the next year).  And most importantly, I got married.

Now, 12 years later, I'm again switching jobs (going from consulting to the Federal Government to one where I am going to be consulting to state/city government), I just turned 39, my Dad just turned 69, and today is our 12th anniversary.  We live in Manhattan now (purchased a place last year after renting for 5 years).  We also have a 2.5 year-old daughter.

So Happy Birthday to me (and Dad!) and Happy Anniversary to me and Cheryl.  The more things change, the more I know I can rely on her, as well as our relationship to continue to grow stronger.  And I can rely on Loren to continue to grow even more amazing, humorous, entertaining, and fun as time goes by (she is on her way with Cheryl right now to blow bubbles on the roof!).

Many things changed over the past 12 years, but some very important core things have stayed the same.  And for that I am eternally grateful.

NYC

4 comments:

JamesF said...

Happy Birthday!

Congratulations on the anniversary (I think this proves Cheryl has the patience of a saint).

And finally best of luck on the new job (I'm envious).

Trailing Male said...

Happy Birthday! Funny, I called Sean just yesterday to wish him the same. I had completely forgotten yours was so close.

Happy Anniversary, too! Emily and I will celebrate our 17th anniversary this July, while on home leave back in the States.

As for the new job, keep us all posted. I am pleased whenever I see anyone last as long at a job as you did; it's rare these days, although Emily did work for her last employer for 10.5 years and plans to retire from the State Department. I hope your new job is rewarding enough and interesting enough to keep you entertained for years to come.

Me, I'm seriously considering just remaining a kept man. :-)

BullBunky said...

Curt, I wasn't around to congratulate you on your first day. I miss seeing you name pop up on internal IM :(

Curt Sawyer said...

Thanks, everyone! I have a whole new internal corporate IM, but I do miss being able to chat with BullBunkey anytime.

The on-boarding has very long days of sitting and listening...