Sunday, March 02, 2008

Stardate 62168.99 - Visit from the Past


A classmate of mine from Buffalo Gap High School (Go Bison!) was in town this week with her family, so we met them for lunch at Patsy's near Bloomingdales. I know it is hard to believe, but I haven't always been the suave Manhattanite you read about on this blog. I actually grew up in the country on a small sheep farm and went to a High School with ~700 students, 8th grade through 12th grade. ;-)

Sonya was in town with her husband, their two children, and her parents. It was a big trip for her two girls, and I think there was a lot of American Girl activities, among other tourist stops. So after a morning spent at the gym for family day, we walked over to Patsy's to meet them for a very pleasant lunch. I probably have gone a little too far off the low cholesterol diet this weekend, so I'm going to have to be extra-special diligent this week while I'm away on business. But it was nice to visit and catch up. A friend of mine from college is going to be up here next month with her husband and their children and we are going to get together with them as well. That is one nice thing about living in a tourist location - people come to you!

NYC

No comments: