Monday, May 02, 2005

Stardate 59333.11 - Hitchhiker's Guide

Went to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Saturday. Two thumbs up! This rating is despite the sound problems the theater we went to see it at was experiencing. The music was too loud, and the voices were too soft. I have never worked in a movie theater, so I don't know what causes this situation, but it was very annoying. I did see that the movie hit #1 over the weekend, which was a big surprise to me because my theater was only 50% full at 1630, while the line for The Translator at 1600 stretched for a block (which is why we saw Hitchhiker instead).

On Sunday we went hiking in the rain. Got home in time for the sun to come out. Big shout out to the Mianus Gorge. Close to NYC, and pretty cool hiking. It is the first land project of the Nature Conservancy (which we support), and it is the first Natural History Landmark designated by the US Federal Government.

Excalibur Out.

No comments: