Monday, October 24, 2005

Stardate 59812.7 - For Your Reading Pleasure

Some of you may be paying attention to the short list of blogs that I have links to over in the right-hand pane on this page. Some of you may realize and/or recognize that the list is full of friends, relatives, and some relatives who are friends. :-) There is also a link on there to Jessica Stover, and probably no-one knows why that link is there, since she is not a relative and none of my friends recognize her as part of that elite group (most of my friends know most of my friends...I'm a big believer in cross-pollination). And anyway, it seems a little presumptuous for me to call her a friend as I've never met her in person, we've never hung out, I don't have her IM address, and we've only chatted via e-mail.

I put it there because I think her blog is great, and I really enjoy reading it. She also is quick to respond if I drop her an e-mail, which either means she has way too much time on her hands, or she doesn't get much e-mail these days. It certainly is not due to my razor sharp wit or stunning good looks. Regardless, I feel way cooler when I see my name up on her blog, like I did when I contributed (pretty significantly, if I do say so myself [pats self on back]) to a story her readers were writing as a group. (Now you have to look through the comments to see my name, but believe me, I was in an actual blog entry before the story was finished!)

My point is, she has published a book, just in time to stuff your stocking. I've ordered one, and I recommend you do, too. If it is anything like her blog, it is going to be entertaining. And it may even tell you why Ninjas are better than pirates.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can confirm that Curt has made the main page of JSDC and has earned Ninja respect for his sweet additions to a short story the Wingmen wrote together.

And, maybe I'm just a really fast e-mailer, GOSH!

(Thanks, Curt.)

;-)

Curt Sawyer said...

Wow, a J.Sto comment on my blog! Now that's pretty cool...

Unknown said...

Curt, touched by fame!