Saturday, October 07, 2006

Stardate 60766.66 - Going Home Today

I get to go home today, and I'm hoping sooner rather than later. Once my boss gets in this morning (yes, I'm in the office early Saturday) we can figure out the goals for today and I can figure out what I need to get done before I can leave. Since I have to be back here Monday morning I want to get as much visiting time in with Cheryl and Loren before I have to come back.

And since no travel experience can go completely smoothly, here is what went wrong this morning. My original reservation was for Mon - Fri, but when I checked in I asked if I could check out Sat instead. The desk took care of extending my reservation, but they didn't adjust the door and/or key for the new check out time.

This morning I got up at 0530 and worked out for 30 minutes and when I tried to re-enter my room I got the red flashing light instead of the green solid light while using my key. So I went to the front desk and got a new key, went back to my room, and it didn't work either. So back to the front desk for a third key, and this time they sent someone up with the master key in case key #3 didn't work. And key #3 didn't work. So I was let into the room via the master key.

The ironic thing is, if I hadn't left the room to work out this morning, I never would have had this problem. I was being punished for exercising!!

McLean, VA

No comments: