Saturday, November 18, 2006

Stardate 60882.01 - New Look

I recently upgraded to the beta version of blogger, and so far I am pretty happy with the changes. I now get the title of the post along with the poster's name and comment in the e-mails sent to me every time someone leaves a note (previously you only got the comment and trying to figure out which post he/she left it on was somewhat of an exercise in futility). As part of the upgrade I also upgraded the template, and since I was never really happy with the font before, I took this opportunity to completely change the base template. Let me know what you think.

And since Andy asked in a comment about why a certain picture wasn't posted from the birthday event in NJ, here it is. The lesson is - be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.


NYC

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks a bit like you blog for Jesus University. The bigger font is nice though.

Curt Sawyer said...

What does a lighthouse have to do with Jesus University? Is there a lighthouse there?

Dave said...

New blog looks good, Curt....though I liked the old design too. Been considering switching to Beta....maybe today.

ms. whatsit said...

Thanks for this post. I'd been thinking of going through with the upgrade, but was afraid to go through with it.

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout--easier to read, but not a fan of the template...a little to ethereal for my taste.

Unknown said...

It's the clouds and sky, and it took me five times looking at the blog to figure out it is a lighthouse.

JamesF said...

Ok, I'll be the odd guy out. I don't like the layout with the fluff stuff on the left. But that's only because I think reading left to right that whatever's on the left should be the stuff that's suppose to catch your eye first rather than the fluff stuff. As it is now it's distracting and leaves you unsure of where to look first. The new template graphics and aesthetics though are nice, not suggesting you change that. I have to wonder if anyone's actually going to scroll down to see what's at the bottom (I assume that's new since I don't really recall seeing it before). So basically from the sounds of it I disagree with -r on just about everything (regarding the layout / template).

Of course, that's just my personal opinion and I could just have the old version ingrained in my mind.

Rick Anderson said...

Looks good and fitting - I like the lighthouse, etc. but it will take some time to get use to the menu on the left and words on the right - we've been programmed to look at blogsites the other way.

Also - I think you'll like the new blogger - I used it for my baseball team thiis fall at http://brmuckdogs.blogspot.com/ and it worked out very well. Particularly the ability to label posts.

Good to see you update my link to 3 kids - Matthew was going to start complaining!