Sunday, May 06, 2007

Stardate 61344.83 - Stop, Look, Listen


Stop - Look - Listen.

That was the advice for crossing the street when we were children. It was simple, easy to learn, and easy to remember - I still remember the saying after all these years. Today I want you to:

  1. Stop skimming this post,
  2. Look at it when you have some time to really read it,
  3. And Listen to what I have to say.
I have a proposition for my readers - an offer, really. A chance to have your name listed in the credits of an independent film. What does that mean? Why, it means you will have your own little entry on IMDB. Apparently, being listed in a film’s credits under “special thanks” or “thanks” or the like should make your name appear on the IMDB listing.

How can I make this magic happen for you?

We'll I've been pimping for her for a couple of years, and right now Jessica Stover is in pre-production on an independent film intended for festivals, code-named AAE. She is doing some fund-raising to help with the costs of this significant effort - and if you help her, she'll put you in the credits. I suggest you click on the link to get the full story, but here is an executive summary:
  • The best thing you can do is to shop - purchase one of the remaining Limited Edition prints from The Silver Legacy (her screenplay project). You get fantastic art from TSL, the profit goes to AAE and you’ll get your name in the credits.
  • Follow this link and make a donation of $5 or more via the button and your name will appear in the credits. I'd like you to give at least $10 - barely more than you probably spend on lunch or Starbucks over 1-2 days. And in the comments area, be sure to mention that I sent you. Or drop her a note to let her know you donated because of my recommendation. I have to make sure I keep my standing as her number one fan! ;-)
  • Donate frequent flyer miles, which will definitely get your name in the credits. Send Jess an e-mail directly if you want to do this (just go to her site and click here).
  • Link, e-mail, pass the word on - referrals generate more traffic and support than you can imagine.
Finally, I wouldn't be pimping her stuff if I didn't believe in what she was doing. Her writing is smart, dependable, skillful, and a pleasure to read. Jess possesses the skills, dedication, integrity, and talent that I look for in my entertainment – characteristics in woefully short supply these days. I strongly recommend you give careful consideration to helping her out and supporting her work, and I am positive you will agree the decision is a good one.

If you can help out, please do so. It is a small price to pay to get into the credits of a film!

No pressure - just an opportunity to be a part of the beginning of a rising star. :-)

Years from now you will thank me. Seriously. What are you waiting for?

NYC

No comments: