Friday, September 21, 2007

Stardate 61721.79 - Coastal Cruising

Tonight I start the ASA course 103: Basic Coastal Cruising. I've already completed 101: Basic Keelboat and 105: Coastal Navigation. We're working right now on scheduling a trip to the BVIs for January where I'll take 104: Bareboat Chartering. I'm taking 103 through the Manhattan Sailing School (where I also took 101 and 105).

There is a 2-hour "classroom" session on the boat tonight, and then 2 full days on the boat (a J/105) Saturday and Sunday. Sunday evening we take the exam. I have not prepared for this one as much as I did for 101, and I don't have the multiple weeks of homework and studying as I did for 105, so I hope I pass the exam the first time through. It will be quite embarrassing if I don't! Wish me luck!!

NYC

3 comments:

JamesF said...

Capt Sawyer: Wish me luck!!

Good luck.

Trailing Male said...

Good luck. If we end up posted in the Bahamas (a possibility), you can sail out and visit us sometime.

Curt Sawyer said...

I shouldn't have worried - I got the highest grade in the class on the written exam - a 99 (I missed 2, each worth 0.5 points).