Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stardate 61927.98 - The Guardian

The Guardian is another move that was on my NetFlix list, yet as I was browsing the HD movie channels I found it and recorded it. The Guardian is very much a passing of the torch story, where an older US Coast Guard swimmer essentially trains his replacement. I had very low expectations on this one, because I don't remember it doing very well in the theater, but I was pleasantly surprised. The story won't surprise you, and you can pretty much figure out everything that will happen along the way, but the action is good and the training scenes are very cool as well. And as a sailor, I have a great appreciation for the US Coast Guard and what they do, and God willing will never need to call on them for the type of assistance they provide in this movie.

Thumb up.

NYC

No comments: