Monday, May 12, 2008

Stardate 62362.68 - CA Day One

Cheryl had a training class at Stanford University in Palo Alto Wednesday through Sunday two weeks ago, so Loren and I flew out that Sunday to meet up with Cheryl and spend a week in California on vacation.

First, Loren and I survived without Cheryl around for a few days. I was walking 4 miles a day (down and back to daycare twice a day) and we even had a visitor on Saturday before we left. We did eat a lot of Pizza, however, but that was as much Loren's fault as mine. At least that is my story and I'm sticking with it!

I woke Loren up at 0530 Sunday morning, and we went to the airport (JFK). There was a last minute gate change, and Loren and I had to hustle from a gate in the 60s to gate 8. The plane was also a different configuration, so all the Business and First Class passengers were having a lot of re-assignments. We boarded late, but took off pretty much on time. Loren stayed awake for the entire flight, except for the 20 minutes it took us to land (at which point she finally fell asleep, only to have me wake her back up once we landed).


Loren did very well at the airport, and stuck with me as I maneuvered her, the stroller, the car seat, a backpack, and two bags the 8 or 9 miles to the mini-train that took us to the car rental area (after 6 stops). We then drove to Santa Cruz, where Cheryl's Aunt Janice has a beach house (until tomorrow, but that is another story). Loren stayed awake for the drive to the house, and was very happy to see Cheryl. Cheryl took Loren to the beach, we cooked out in the back, and Loren went to bed very easily (she'd been up for 20 hours with just a 20 minute nap). During dinner, we had a visitor (pictured above) pay us a visit. Cheryl said she'd have to report the wildlife problem to TripAdvisor! ;-)

NYC

No comments: