Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stardate 62797.17 - Beer Chang


When we were in Thailand back in 2004, I fell in love with Beer Chang. It was available at the local 7-11s and every restaurant we ever went to. Singha may be better known and more likely to appear at your favorite Thai restaurant in The States, but Beer Chang was cheap and very tasty. When we got back, I tried to track down Beer Chang but I couldn't even find a web page for them at the time. I continued to ask for it at Thai restaurants, but no-one ever had it.

All that changed last week as we were placing an order with Fresh Direct. As I hopped over to the beer page, imagine my surprise when Beer Chang was featured on the main page! I immediately added a 6-pack to the shopping cart and it was every bit as tasty as I remembered. In fact, we're going to place another grocery order today and as I'm already out of Beer Chang I plan on picking up another 6-pack.

NYC

2 comments:

ac said...

Jen and I were at Bangkok 54 last night and I had a Chang. I was surprised how much I liked it. I may seek it out next time at Total Beverage.

Trailing Male said...

I found it just up the street from Bangkok 54 at Thai Square. It's a decent beer with food, particularly spicy food, and probably great when you're hot and sweaty from being out in the Thai weather! Emily and I tend to favor the dark beers, such as Chimay.