Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Stardate 60774.81 - More Travel

I'm back in Virginia, still working on this proposal. On my flight down yesterday we were delayed for an hour because a valve was stuck open. I was angry about the delay, but it was nice that they kept us informed as to what was going on the entire time. I just wish they had said up front it was going to be an hour, rather than making it seem like it might be quickly resolved. I wouldn't have done anything differently, but it would have been nice to know from the start.

There was an error when making my on-line reservation through the corporate travel agency. The hotel didn't book, so I checked the box asking an agent to investigate but when I got here Monday I still hadn't heard anything so I called. Sure enough, they had no hotel reservation for me. Luckily when the agent checked, my favorite hotel down here (Embassy Suites) had availability. So I was able to check in last night, but since it was a last minute reservation they didn't have my Hilton number (I am Gold status) so that means no complimentary water and cookie in the room (and I really could have used that water). Oh, well - that is more the travel agent's fault than the hotel, I believe.

McLean, VA

5 comments:

BullBunky said...

Ugh, but still, they can't look up your number? That's ridiculous.

Unknown said...

I would never stay at any hotel that charges you to use the faucets. That's just wrong.

JamesF said...

He lips may have said he wanted the water, but his eyes said he really wanted the cookie.

Curt Sawyer said...

-s -- Bottled water, fool!

Unknown said...

So no faucets at all then? Is it embarrassing when the complimentary bottle runs out halfway through your shower and you have to call room service to bring more?