Saturday, October 28, 2006

Stardate 60824.23 - Away from Home

I'm off on travel again, in Norfolk VA helping out with another proposal. I got a call on Thursday asking me to fly down first thing Friday morning and stay for a week to help out. So I am missing Loren's first Halloween, and Cheryl has an entire week as a "single Mom" with Loren.

So far the travel is fine - flight down departed 30 minutes late, but the rental car is good and the hotel is fine (Holiday Inn Select). Had seafood dinner last night at a place out on a pier that was kind of a dive but the food was good. Woke up at 12:30 last night with a splitting headache and had to go down to the little hotel store to buy medicine. Then I was wired for some reason and couldn't get back to sleep until 2:30, so I watched part of The Island on HBO. It wasn't bad for a late-night can't-get-to-sleep movie, but I didn't stay up long enough to see the end. Now I'll have to rent it or catch it on HBO at home to see how it ends.

I'll try to get the name of the restaurant we went to last night and update this entry or post another with the actual name and more details, but we're working all day today and people keep walking behind me while I'm trying to write this entry.

Norfolk, VA

No comments: