Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Stardate 62081.64 - What a Diffference...

I arrived at the St. Louis airport on Tuesday morning to 67 degrees and clear skies. I opened the sunroof on my Toyota Highlander rental car on my way to my client site, and turned on the vents full blast. I considered turning on the A/C, but that just seemed wrong.

After lunch I was coming back to the client site and there was this large, black, wall of death sweeping across the plains heading towards me. Suddenly the sky was black, the wind was roaring, my car was being pushed around on the road like a discarded fast food bag, and the temperature started to drop.

and drop.

and drop.

and drop.

By the time I left the office at the end of the day, there was a half-inch of snow on the ground, my car was covered in ice, and this is what my laptop said:


50 frack'n degrees!!! The temperature dropped 50 frack'n degrees in something like 2 hours!!! I'm out here freezing my ass off right now!!!!

O'Fallon, IL

1 comment:

JamesF said...

We had some crazy wind gusts here today also. This morning after the recycling guys got our stuff the wind was starting to blow the heavy plastic recycling bin down the street. I don't recall it getting that cold here (and we had no snow), but I was inside most of the day. Although now that I think about it, it was awful warm enough this morning I didn't think I needed a coat and tonight when I got home tonight there was ice on the driveway. So it dropped here too, but I don't think it was anywhere near as big of a drop as what you saw, that's just mutant weather changing power crazy.