Monday, September 26, 2005

Stardate 59736.34 - New Stuff

It is near absolute zero in my office in McLean, so I have had a sinus headache slowly building all day and it is now reaching maximum strength 40 minutes before I am supposed to meet some former co-workers for dinner. At least my company provides medicine cabinets full of pills on every floor! Wouldn't want someone to go home with a headache and loose the productivity...instead we'll medicate him!

The shower was a blast and we got a lot of great stuff from our friends and family. It was really nice to see everyone together at one time - thanks to everyone for the great gifts and for coming! (does this blog count as a thank-you note?) We even got to try out our new air mattress as there were 8 people staying over at Cheryl's parent's place (plus the two of them makes 10).

Anyway, I'm glad I took most of Friday off to clean out the study closet so we'd have a place to put all this baby stuff. Here is Magic helping me to pack Cheryl's demography material up so we can take it to her office:


We sometimes call him the "anti-helper". Our pottery barn items came in the day before the shower, to include our new coffee table:


It is pretty cool, and Magic loved the new carpet in the dining room so much that he has spent a lot of time sleeping and rolling around on it. We also sometimes call him "insane". You probably wonder why I don't have a lot of pictures of Squirt, our other cat. It is because she sleeps during the day under the bed, and then only comes out for food and for TV watching at night. Not that she watches TV, but during TV watching she knows there will be warm laps upon which to sit.

And now it is time for me to head out to the restaurant.

No comments: