Sunday, September 04, 2005

Vacation 2005 - Sunday, Sept 4

We arrived at JFK this morning at around 0800, but it took 30 minutes waiting at the luggage belt before our bags arrived. We also had a chatty taxi driver for our 30 minute ride back into the city. Cheryl managed to get about an hour or two of sleep on the plane, but I couldn't get to sleep at all, so I watched DirecTV. Let me tell you, Friday late night television is really bad. It was almost all infomercial. Really, really bad. I watched the National Geographic channel (a special on Crime Scenes) and then a couple of hours of Bonanza (TVLand was running a Michael Landon marathon called "TVLandon" all weekend). That was the best I could find.

Needless to say, we were both exhausted when we got to the apartment. The cats were fine and well fed and greeted us enthusiastically (I think they missed us). Here is a picture of them (this picture is now a couple of years old).


We had bagels for breakfast and then napped for about 4 hours. I then ran out and got pizza. It was nice to have NY bagels and NY pizza again...not that we have wanted for decent food, but there is something unique about NY bagels and pizza that you just cannot get anywhere else.

Tonight VA Tech (where I got my BS) has its opening football game and the NY VA Tech Alumni organization (which I have recently become more involved in) has taken over a bar to watch the game. Cheryl and I are going to go, but probably only for the first half, after which we'll collapse back into bed. Tomorrow we'll get out and get some exercise and run some errands, but today we are taking it easy. We had a lot of mail to sort through, and bills to pay. And I had an episode of Battlestar Galactica ("The Best Show on Television") to watch. We also caught up on a couple of episodes of "The Daily Show".

Tomorrow really is the last day of our last vacation before the baby arrives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And vacations will never be the same again :)

Anonymous said...

Readers demand recent cat pictures!

Curt Sawyer said...

Ok, ok. I put up a recent picture of Magic.