Friday, November 25, 2005

Stardate 59900.42– Reflections on Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving Loren crossed state lines for the first time and we went to NJ for Thanksgiving with Cheryl’s family (specifically her mother’s family). Loren slept most of the day, so she was starting to get a little cranky as we sat in a 15-minute backup for the Lincoln Tunnel on the return trip. We probably should have just stayed overnight in NJ rather than going out just for the day, but now we know for next time. As I was walking briskly back in the 15 degree weather (that was with the wind chill) from putting the car up, I saw a guy bundled up on First Avenue with a cup, begging for change. It sounds corny, but it made me realize that as much as I complain about things, I do have a tremendous amount to be thankful for. I have a terrific wife, a healthy and happy newborn, great family and friends, a nice place to live, fun hobbies and the time to indulge in them, and great health. It just made me appreciate what I have a little more. And now here are some Thanksgiving pictures for your enjoyment.





No comments: