Thursday, June 28, 2007

Stardate 61488.9 - Hotel Phone Rings...

I'm sitting in my hotel room, unwinding and watching Mythbusters on Discovery Channel and the phone rings. It is highly unusual in this day and age of mobile phones to receive a call on the actual hotel phone, unless it is the hotel staff calling for something.

I'll drop out all the "I can't hear you!" and "What?" and "I'm sorry?!?" parts of the conversation, but it boiled down to this:

Female Voice on Phone: "Is this the Embassy Suites?"

Curt: "Yes"

F: "Is this room ###?"

Curt: "Yes"

F: "How do I get there?"

Curt: "I'm just a guest at the hotel, you should ask the front desk for directions."

F: "You're the guest in room ###?"

Curt: "Yes."

F: "How do I get there?"

Curt: "I'm just a guest at the hotel, you should ask the front desk for directions."

F: "They sent me to you."

Curt: "I can't help you." (Hangs Up)

My first thought after I hung up the phone was that someone ordered a prostitute and gave her the wrong room number. Other theories?

McLean, VA

2 comments:

JamesF said...

You should have asked who "They" were. That part would have been interesting.

BullBunky said...

I've got to give you that one Curt. I think that's the only plausible explanation. Otherwise, she would have known your name. If it was something like pizza delivery, then they would have been less mysterious.