Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Stardate 60640.65 - New Car Seat

I know, I haven't posted in 3 days and then I post an exciting entry on car seats. This past week has been pretty stressful. I cannot go into great detail as some of my co-workers and clients know about this blog, but I will say that I was working 10-16 hour days all week last week on this proposal and then put in 8 hours yesterday, when I was supposed to be on leave. High stress all week and over the weekend, but it is due today so there is an end in sight. I ended up doing two jobs because one of my co-workers had his appendix burst and was unavailable. Some people will do anything to get out of working on a proposal!

Loren's day care is closed this week so Cheryl and I are taking the week off to hang with Loren and also to do some exploration of some different places to eat and see here in NYC. A friend of mine from High School will be in town with his wife and we're meeting them for dinner Wednesday night, and Cheryl is trying to set up some play dates for Loren. We both get to play stay-at-home parents this week! Then for the weekend we are going to Greg and Denise's place up-state to do some hiking.

This past Sunday we went to Cheryl's parents (where I had spent the entire week while working on this proposal out of our NJ office). We did a little shopping and purchased a new car seat for Loren. She was 1/2 inch from exceeding the limits of our first car seat. We purchased the Britax Marathon, which is convertible so it will face the rear until she hits a year and then it turns around to become a forward facing chair. A little complicated to get installed (took us two tries), but Loren seems to like it. We stopped by the bookstore on the way home and purchased Loren some new books. We had to replace Peekaboo Kisses because it is her favorite and we apparently lost it while returning from the family events from a few weekends ago.

While it was out of the box and sitting on the dining room table, Nicki decided it would make a nice bed and tried to adopt it. We had to kick her off so we could install it in the car.


This morning I'll be finishing up the proposal, then today we have the excitement of groceries arriving and finally we'll go out for lunch someplace interesting. I think Cheryl is looking forward to taking a nap this afternoon. Excitement abounds!!

NYC

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good choice of seat. They can be tricky to install but they are super easy to use once they're in.