Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Stardate 60931.09 - Travel and DnD

I had to fly down to Virginia for some work meetings and things early Tuesday morning. Loren did not sleep particularly well Monday night, due to teething or her cold or something, so I didn't sleep well Monday night. I think I got about 5 hours of sleep, but no more than an hour or so between interruptions. Add a 0600 flight into the mix Tuesday morning and a work day that didn't end until 1800 that evening, and I was pretty tired.

So I made an executive decision to move my flight this morning from 0700 to 1400 and I'm using the morning to catch up on all the e-mails (147!) that came in yesterday while I was running around without Internet access.

Last night we did all get together at Rick's to play D&D. I'm taking a 2-month break from running the games and Rick is going to be running a short campaign. I'm playing a Lightfoot Halfling Ranger, for those of you who care about such things, and with an 8 Charisma (-1 penalty), I'm playing him as an obnoxious humanoid (I know, a real stretch for me!). I think most people expect to have their characters killed off during this mini-campaign, as only 2 of us had actually named our characters. We have a Lightfoot Halfling Ranger, a Stoutheart Halfling Rogue, a Gold Dwarf Paladin, and a 1/2 Orc Barbarian. Quite the group of misfit humanoids.

We fought 4 spiders and one giant bee yesterday and none of the characters even got a scratch, so this party may just work out after all...

P.S. I was going to post a photo I took of the D&D mat during the game last night, but Blogger is refusing to post photos right now.

NYC

No comments: