Monday, August 13, 2007

Stardate 61614.49 - Mystery Visitor

I use the Google Analytics package to keep tabs on how many people visit my blog. It cannot track the number of RSS feeds, but it does a pretty good job of tracking who visits from where (in case you care, I'm back up to 30-40 visits per day, with occasional surges up into the 60s or 70s).

Every now and then someone visits from a location and I wrack my brain to figure out who I know who lives there and just cannot make the connection. The current location is Kansas City. I just cannot figure out who I know there, but I get a visit a day from there.

I know, it could be where some automated crawler or something might be, but I thought I'd put up a quick post and let the mystery person from the "city of the week" identify himself or herself in the comments. Not that I'll do this type of post every week...or maybe if I'm on travel with no camera and nothing better to post than complaints about my trip...

Montgomery, Alabama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe that's us. Our stats page shows Kansas City too, so Bentonville Cox must run their stuff through KC. Sorry to burst your bubble with your new mystery visitor.

-s can probably confirm that later, but unlike his previous job, he actually has to work during working hours...imagine that! ;)