Monday, December 12, 2005

Stardate 59944.05 – Loren’s One Month Birthday

Sunday was Loren's one-month birthday. In celebration we decided to take a stroll outside and then pick up a Christmas tree. I won't tell you what we spent, but I have to agree with my friend James in that the days of getting a $10-20 tree are long, long past.

That reminds me of a story. Once, we had a "stolen" Christmas tree. The local volunteer fire department in the town I grew up in (Churchville,VA) would sell Christmas trees, I think for $20. One year we went down to get a tree and there were no personnel at the station, but the trees were out. So we took one. Mom went back a few days later and paid, of course, but we kids loved the fact that our Christmas tree was "stolen" that year.

Anyway, here are some shots of the tree and of Loren on her one-month birthday.


This picture is actually from Saturday, but I'll put it up here anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just move to Oregon! $10 trees for the taking at several spots in Salem. That or you can spend $10 in gas and sneak one out of a local forest.

Anonymous said...

Is it my imagination, or does Loren look a little like Andy in this photo?! SMY