Saturday, December 31, 2005

Stardate 59998.51 - The Latest on Loren

A post from Cheryl

For all of you who are checking the site for news about Loren rather than ranting about Cingular, here’s an update. (Though believe me, the rants are fully justified and I could add my own history, which includes nearly breaking into tears in the Cingular store to get a broken phone replaced one week past the warranty a couple of years ago. But I have not had any problems with them since, and stayed with them when I upgraded my phone because my existing plan was cheaper than what I could currently get from any other company for my low level of use. And not only is Curt having problems transitioning from a former AT&T customer to Cingular, so is his friend Ryan). At Loren’s 6 week checkup this week, she was 22 ¼ inches and 10 lbs 5 oz. For those keeping score, that means she’s still in the 75th percentile for height, where she was at 1 week, but has increased from 35th to 60th percentile in weight. Clearly she was not satisfied being below average and has been eating furiously to catch up. She has been smiling for a couple of weeks now, and is holding her head up well and taking in her surroundings. She’s particularly fond of the Christmas tree and pictures on the wall – during our visit to my parents she spent lots of time admiring my mom’s artwork over the couch. She also had her first sit-down and awake restaurant experience at John's Pizza on Thursday (Maggie Moos and Pie don't count). She was pretty good, she just didn't want to sit in her carseat/stroller.

We don’t have many new pictures since Christmas. Here’s one of Loren hanging out with her cousin Ellie.

No comments: