Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Stardate 59990.7 - Christmas Joy

So for Christmas we spent 5 days in NJ eating too much and visiting my wife's family. Well, Christmas was pretty good overall, despite my Mother-In-Law ending up in the hospital overnight Friday and my Brother-In-Law Steve crashing his Aunt Marie's Durango with his wife and two kids in it.

Luckily, Cheryl's Mom is fine (it was not appendicitis) and Steve and his family are fine as well. I don't know about the Durango.
I was hoping Marie's boyfriend would have posted his thoughts regarding the accident on his blog for a different perspective, but no such luck. I was also hoping for some pictures of the Durango post-crash on Steve's Blog.

Steve, Rachel, Ethan, and Ellie may come into the city tomorrow for a visit, so we'll get more details at that time. They should (if they remember) be bringing me
my new cell phone. I am also waiting for Ryan to post on his blog about his horrible Cingular experience. I only have hints of what that is all about.

Loren had her 6-week check up today. All is well, and here are her vitals for those keeping track:

Height: 22.25 Inches
Weight 10 pounds 5 oz

She also got her Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis, Polio, Heamophilus Influenzae Type b, and Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccines. She did not care for receiving the actual shots, and now has four band-aids on her thighs. But she didn't yell too badly during the shots. She and Cheryl are off taking a nap as I make this entry. Cheryl is still on maternity leave of course, and I am trying to work half-days for the rest of the week.

So all-in-all, a good holiday. I do miss having the entire week off between Christmas and New Year's. I may have to start just taking that time off. The issue is that Cheryl earns 6 weeks of vacation per year, but I only earn 3 weeks. In May I will have been with the same company for 10 years, but I have to be promoted to Principal or be an employee for 15 years before I go to 4 weeks.

But I shouldn't be complaining during the holidays.

Happy New Year to everyone!!

No comments: