Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stardate 60947.88 - Space Aliens on Blogger

As people who have left comments on my blog know, you have to type in a verification code in order to successfully post. This code is based on a graphical representation of a series of letters. This step keeps spammers from posting comments to my blog advertising their crap. I personally believe there is a special place in hell reserved for spammers, child molesters, and people who talk during the theater (bonus points if anyone recognizes where that line is from).

Today I tried to post a comment to John's blog, and here is what I saw on the verification page:


What the hell is that? As far as I know, the second and third letters are not part of the English (i.e. American) language that I understand. Is that a "K"? An "R"?

What the hell?

I apparently guessed incorrectly, because it denied my comment and I got a new picture with recognizable letters. I got it right on the second try.

P.S. Stay tuned for an "Attachment Parenting" post sometime later this week, per James' request. Didn't have time to get to it last night.

NYC

2 comments:

BullBunky said...

Russian? Klingon? :)

JamesF said...

I would have guessed "k". Don't know that I would have even considered "r" since none of the other letters are in their capitalized form.