Thursday, December 21, 2006

Stardate 60972.71 - The Erection Has Started


I know James just used the same joke, but after months of having a big hole in the ground across the street and staring at an unoccupied and unmoving crane, the steel erection phase of the cancer center construction next door has proceeded at a rapid pace. They seem to be about a month ahead of schedule, based on the community board meeting that I attended. They are probably ahead of schedule because for the past few months they have worked almost every Saturday, despite the assurances of the construction folks that they would only work on Saturday if Friday's work left something in an "unsafe" condition that couldn't wait until Monday. And did I mention that they start at 0700 on the dot every day they work? And that with my office now in the bedroom I am right beside the noise?

Anyway, here are some pictures for you to enjoy.



NYC

No comments: