Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Stardate 61005.01 - Gift Wrapping Gone Bad

I purchased a gift for a family member from the Gap. This particular relative sub-group has decided to put names in a hat and everyone who wants a present draws a name to give a present to. That way, the family is only giving/receiving a single gift. We have also put a $40 limit on the gifts. This procedure was to curb the out-of-control spending wars that had been escalating for years. Since the item I purchased was a little less than $40, I decided to spring for the $5 gift-wrap option. Here is what I got:


Please notice that not only is there no wrapping paper, but the single ribbon is too long for the box, the ribbon has been badly taped to the bottom, there are two advertisements for The Gap taped to the bottom, and the box the present is in is the same free box I could have gotten at the store. So I paid $5 for a poorly measured and poorly attached ribbon.

Gap, I give you an "F" for gift wrapping. My advice is to save $4.75 by choosing to recycle a box and buying your own crappy ribbon.

NYC

3 comments:

BullBunky said...

Wow. Merry Christmas to you as well :) Isn't it a bit early in the new year to be ranting?

Dave said...

The appropriate response was as follows:

1. Look at "gift wrapped" box.
2. Remove ribbon.
3. Choke Gap employee with ribbon while singing "Joy to the World" at the top of your lungs.
4. Retrieve $4.75 from unconscious clerk.

Curt Sawyer said...

John - Like you have never ranted in your life about anything.

;-)

Dave - I purchased it on-line, so I'd have to make a special trip to the Gap to choke and employee. Just not worth it.