Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Stardate 61007.77 - The Pursuit of Happyness

Cheryl and I went out last Thursday night while we were in Virginia for the holidays and we left Loren with Nanna and Kraker. Our movie selection was limited to what we could squeeze in between lunch and the start of Loren's nighttime routine, so we ended up seeing The Pursuit of Happyness (not our first choice). Jessica Stover has been telling me that I really need to see The Fountain, but it was not playing in Staunton (surprise, surprise).

The Pursuit of Happyness was an alright movie, but not something that benefited from the big screen. It would have made a fine NetFlix rental or airplane movie. The climatic scene was well done, and I don't think it is giving anything away to say that at the end Cheryl did comment, "That is the first time I've cried over someone getting a job."

In Entertainment Weekly lingo we probably give it a B or B-. Two thumbs sideways.

NYC

No comments: