Thursday, October 27, 2005

Captain’s Log Supplemental – What I’m Watching


For some reason, my friends are under the impression that I watch a huge amount of television. That is incorrect. I watch an hour a day, on average, which is far less than the average household in America (the average household logs an average of 8 hours and 11 minutes per day – don’t these people have jobs?).

Here is what I am watching, and if I am watching it, it must be good. And if I am not watching a show you think I should be watching, then you have to tell me what show I have to drop in order to keep my average quantity of TV constant.

Two caveats…I do not include the news or The Daily Show in these totals. I consider the news to be “free”, sort of like celery when you are on a diet. Also, I don't watch re-runs, so while the list below looks to be more than 8 hours per week, usually enough shows are in re-runs so that the 8 hour per week average is maintained.

Oh, and the DVR…greatest invention…ever.

Sunday
Family Guy – I still think the first season is the best, but I continue to watch. It was at its best when Stewie was trying to take over the world.

Deadwood – If you can get past the profanity, it is actually a pretty good story with really good characters. Short seasons however, and often in re-runs.

West Wing - Watched it for a while, then got out of it, now watching it again.

Monday
How I Met Your Mother – Rapidly becoming my favorite comedy.

Two and a Half Men – Was my favorite comedy, but How I Met Your Mother is currently beating it out.

Tuesday
NCIS – The Navy version of CSI.

Wednesday
Lost – If you don’t watch it, you don’t get it. And if you don’t get it, you just don’t get it.

Law & Order – These usually sit on the DVR until a night with all re-runs and then we watch them.

Thursday
Survivor – My guilty pleasure.

CSI – My father-in-law got me started watching this show, and I really enjoy it.

Friday
Battlestar Galactica – Greatest show on television, but it has really short seasons and they are sporadic.

((Cheryl watches What Not to Wear, her guilty pleasure, but I usually do not, or I am reading or something else while it is on.))

Saturday
Nothing

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You should be watching America's Next Top Model and Nip/Tuck. All other shows are filler.

Unknown said...

Where are the pics of Ethan and Ellie? :)

Curt Sawyer said...

I have no pictures of Ethan and Ellie up because the picture I used is actually 2 years old, so you don't see any pictures of them on the entertainment center as they...weren't...born...yet. Sometimes I recycle an old picture rather then taking a new one.

Anonymous said...

Actually, only the first season of Battlestar Galactica was short (13 episodes I believe). This last season isn't over yet. I know they used the term season finale for the last episode a month or so back, but they did that because they're not going to show the rest of the season until January and apparently think people wouldn't be able to grasp that concept.