Friday, May 05, 2006

Stardate 60343.72 - Cheryl is Sick and the Weekend is Coming

So Cheryl is not feeling well and has been home from work for the past two days. She has had a pretty high fever (101-103 range) and congestion and tiredness. Looks like she finally got what Loren (and I, but without the fever) had. It is some nasty viral thing (according to the pediatrician) that seems to burn out in about 5 days.

So we are having to re-arrange our weekend plans a bit. For starters, Cheryl was going to take a baby CPR class on Saturday but I'm now going to it instead. I don't know much about it, other than you need it before your baby starts eating anything solid (and in general it is a pretty good idea).

Additionally, the NY VA Tech Alumni Chapter is having a big event on Saturday that we were going to attend, but now we're likely to miss it. I don't want to go by myself when Cheryl is home sick, and I'd probably want to take Loren so Cheryl could sleep and I'm not sure I want to take Loren to a bar where I really only know the few officers organizing the event. In fact, parenting takes so much time I may have to decrease my participation in the organization.

I joined up back when I had some free time and I wanted to meet some people in NYC, but Loren takes so much time I find that I don't want and/or have time to attend all the planning activities for these events, and the other big thing the organization does is football games at bars and to tell the truth, I was never all that into the football team when I was a student. Sure, I went to the games, but I've never been a huge sports fan. For the record, VA Tech was in the Peach Bowl the year before I got there, never went to a bowl all 5 years I attended the school, and I believe they have now been in a bowl every year since. So they sort-of sucked when I was there, which may be why I'm not such a huge fan. Of course, I don't really watch sports at all anyway.

Here's hoping Cheryl gets well soon! We've still got some baptism planning to do for Loren.

NYC

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The biggest surprise of parenting: parenting takes alot of time. You'd be surprised how many people either don't realize that fact or fight it.