Sunday, May 28, 2006

Stardate 60406.71 - Pale Rider

So I have started my movie-a-thon with Pale Rider. Typical of a Clint Eastwood western, but I think I have to give it a B-. Partially due to improvements in special effects, but there seemed to be large portions of the story left out or something. The fiancee being interested in him seemed to come out of left field, and I find it hard to believe that killing dogs and cattle didn't "break any laws" in the old west. Pretty sure killing cattle was a major offense. It was just spotty, if that makes sense. I think it could have been edited better. It needed to be longer to flesh out the subplots, or they needed to be cut.

I agree with the IMDB review that it is not as good as Unforgiven or The Outlaw Josey Wales. It was entertaining, and I confess that I like movies where the good guys win. Everything in the news today makes me want a good escapist movie where good triumphs over evil in 90-120 minutes.

Unfortunately that ends my Netflix movies, and with the Monday holiday and my business trip later in the week I don't think I'll see the next ones coming until the weekend. But fear not! I have the DVR recording some movies off of the movie channels for me to watch over the next couple of days, so you will get more reviews. Cheryl and I did watch The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe Friday night so I'll put a review of that up tomorrow some time. Now I think I'll end the evening with an episode of Season 5 of Star Trek:TNG.

NYC

No comments: