Thursday, June 15, 2006

Stardate 60454.62 - Self Portrait


Here I am at the Embassy Suites, working out. Yes, I am on travel again, but I actually don't have any negative comments. I'm staying at a great hotel, the exercise facility is adequate, and as a Hilton Gold member I get free Internet access. Only the traffic sucks so bad that it makes me crazy.

We had a work fun-time event last night for our team of around 65 people (about half made it) at Carpools in Herndon, and it was a late night. It started at 5:30 PM and Matt, Jason, and I closed down the joint. Well, we didn't exactly close it down but we were the last 3 to leave the event. So I got to bed around 1130 PM, which is late for an old man like me. So to make a long story even longer, it was 8:15 AM as I left the hotel for the drive east to our main office. What should have been a 15 minute drive was a 40 minute drive. I swear, I don't know how I ever stood it when we lived here. At least our house was close to the office. Poor Cheryl had an awful commute around the beltway to the US Census Bureau. No wonder she wanted to live close to the UN when we moved - she put up with horrific traffic for 3 years!

McLean, VA

No comments: