Thursday, September 28, 2006

Stardate 60742.16 - The Royal Tenenbaums

I watched The Royal Tenenbaums over the past several days (with Loren we don't really get to see a move start to finish anymore). I thought it was alright. Overall, I guess I liked it although with Wes Anderson directing and writing the screenplay (along with Owen Wilson) you have to realize that the movie is going to be a bit odd. I give it a thumbs-up, but you really have to like (or at least be able to tolerate) Wes' stuff to enjoy this movie, I think.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to tell everyone to get out and vote in November. I know it is just a mid-term election, but voting is critical to a democracy and the low turn-out in this country is appalling. I personally feel that if you don't vote you lose the right to complain about the Government. And I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about how the election is between two people they don't like - for you, I say vote in the primary. That is your opportunity to try and shape who that final person is. And if that isn't enough for you, get involved in your political parties and try to influence the process even earlier. If you don't like the direction this country is headed, or if you do like the direction this country is headed - make your feelings known by voting. Now I'll get off my soapbox...

NYC

2 comments:

JamesF said...

Put me down as someone that hated Tenebaums (but you could have told that already by looking at my rating of it on Netflix). Guess I'm not a fan of this Wes guy's films. What really sucks is we bought the DVD way back when we were buying stuff rather than just renting.

Trailing Male said...

Gee, Curt, your comments about voting sound familiar. I've said exactly that for years now. If you don't vote: don't complain - you don't have the right! Emily and I have our absentee ballots ready to go.