Thursday, July 13, 2006

Stardate 60531.38 - Are We In Trouble

Senator Ted Stevens, an Alaska Republican and the head of the commerce committee, clearly has no idea how the Internet works. And he is in charge of regulating it. Find out where your Senators stand on this important issue, and please call him/her and ask him/her to reject Stevens telecommunications bill (S 2686). And after that (or maybe before if you don't care about this issue) visit Jessica's Eventful post and demand her movie be made.




NYC

5 comments:

JamesF said...

Ok, being down here on vacation I've had to miss the Daily Show / Colbert Report. I've missed those (I'll have a ton to watch on tivo once I get home I suspect).

Unknown said...

I want to comment so badly, but at noon today my picture will grace many a dartboard in Denver and I don't want any more ammo then necessary out there.

Curt Sawyer said...

So, Steve, you think that is is alright for Time Warner (for example) to choke off bandwidth to Google so we'd have to use their search engine? Or for Microsoft (for example) to choke off bandwidth to Craig's List so we'd have to use their classifieds system? You probably think that Verizon disabling the Motorola Razer phones they sell so you cannot upload your own MP3 ringtones but instead MUST buy ringtones from the Verizon ring tone store is fine, too?

I have to tell you, when Senator "The Internet is made up of tubes" Nut-Job from Alaska is for something, I'd have to take a long, hard look at it before I came down on the same side as him.

Unknown said...

No. I'll send you an email.

Curt Sawyer said...

Ok, ok. I was busting on -S when I didn't know the full story. I retract my tone on my response to him.