Friday, July 21, 2006

Stardate 60554.18 - Underworld: Evolution

I admit it. I'm hot for Kate Beckinsale. She's on my list, after all. How could you not appreciate her in this role? :-)

I watched Underworld:Evolution today (2006), the sequel to 2003's Underworld. The first movie was better than I expected, and very entertaining. High art? No. But entertaining - good action, good special effects, and enough of a twisty plot to keep me entertained. The second movie, while less so, was still entertaining. And I could watch Kate all day in this outfit. I give it a thumbs up.

It picks up right where Underworld left off - almost to the minute. So if you haven't seen Underworld in some time, I recommend you re-watch it before seeing this one. I had forgotten some of the minor plot points, although the movie catches you up pretty quickly.

NYC

7 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

I liked this movie quite a bit to, but I had to keep asking myself why the rubber suit and corset? :-)

Curt Sawyer said...

She looks pretty good in it, and pretty good out of it!

Dave said...

I enjoyed the first movie, but the second didn't do a whole lot for me....

....Kate Beckinsale, on the other hand...

JamesF said...

This is the next movie on my Netflix queue. So it's good to hear it I won't be wasting my time.

BullBunky said...

Uh, never heard of EITHER film :)

Curt Sawyer said...

Yes, John. We all know you are so high brow and artsy fartsy that you wouldn't have heard of this movie, which features an age-old feud between Vampires and Warewolves.

Unknown said...

I get her mixed up with Jessica Biel in that Blade: Trinity movie. God that movie was awful, but it was funny to see Parker Posey or whatever her name is play a vampire.