Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Stardate 60544.97 - Sailing on a Monday Afternoon


My Monday afternoon was clear so I played hooky from work and went sailing for a few hours. Since I have some travel this week I won't have any problem making up the hours, and I kept my cell with me just in case. But I received no messages or calls all afternoon.

It was a very hot day, but once on the water the breeze was nice. It was just me and Julian, the instructor I had during the class. I had a great time! It was like having a private lesson. I got to helm most of the time, and we actually traveled around a bit, unlike Saturday when we pretty much just went back and forth across the Hudson in front of North Cove. I may try to get out for a few hours next week before our vacation starts.
Eatontown, NJ

1 comment:

JamesF said...

Now you just need your own boat and you'll truly be Captain Sawyer.